Recreational Vehicle Insurance (ATV & Snowmobile)
In the province of Nova Scotia All Terrain Vehicles "ATV" owners are legally required to have insurance to drive their ATVs, just as insurance is required to drive any automobile. You may have heard that this insurance requirement referred to as "PLPD", or Public Liability and Property Damage, and A.A. Munro's team of insurance experts can help you best meet these insurance requirements.
In an effort to provide our clients with most flexible insurance coverage possible our insurance experts are able to fully customize the insurance coverage you require.
Our most comprehensive insurance option for this line includes:
- Comprehensive all risk coverage offered on a Agreed Value
- Guaranteed Personal liability up to 2 million dollars.
- Coverage for your personal effects.
- Coverage for your navigational equipment.
- Coverage for you trailer.
If you are interested in purchasing a policy with any or all of these insurance options, our insurance experts can help you find a package that best fits your needs with the lowest premiums possible.
What does PLPD include?
- Third Party Liability (Section A): Covers your liability to other drivers, up to the limit of your policy.
- Accident Benefits (Section B): Covers you in the event of an accident. Rehabilitation and lost wages are also covered in this section.
- Uninsured and Unidentified Automobile (Section D): Provides you with coverage if you are ever in an accident with someone who does not carry liability insurance, or cannot be identified.
- Most times you will also see "SEF 44 Family Protection" included in your policy or your quote. While this is not a mandatory coverage in Nova Scotia, some insurers require it on their policies.
- Canada Safety Council: ATV Rider Course